Certified welding repairs and fabrication.
METAL DOCTOR Ltd is a professional welding and fabrication company, offering a mobile service in the greater Auckland region and workshop facilities in Silverdale.
We are a family run business who take pride in our work and whether you have a small repair or a larger project, you'll find husband and wife team Phil and Dawn Charlton to be knowledgable, reliable and easy to work with. Phil Charlton has almost 20 years experience in the welding and engineering industry, working in the Commercial, Industrial and Residential sectors in the UK and New Zealand. Dawn manages the office, scheduling and customer communication to make sure everything runs smoothly.
With a wide range of welding skills covering TIG and MMA (ARC) for steel, aluminium and stainless steel welding, METAL DOCTOR Ltd can take on most welding work, from onsite welding and metal repairs to workshop fabrication.
We are a family run welding business who take pride in our work and whether you have a small welding repair or a large fabrication project, you'll find us to be friendly, knowledgeable, reliable and easy to work with.
The company started out 8 years ago as a 'Man in a Van' mobile welding service and has since expanded to offer steelwork fabrication such as beams and portals, gate and handrail fabrication and installation as well as steel, aluminium and stainless steel repairs. We have a a fabrication workshop in Silverdale and still offer the mobile welding service across Auckland.
Owner Phil Charlton (left) has over 20 years experience in the welding and engineering industry. After studying welding and engineering and working in many commercial and industrial sectors in the UK, he and wife Dawn moved to New Zealand 10 years ago.
Dawn Charlton (the one without a beard) is your main customer contact to make sure everything runs smoothly. With a background in Sales & Marketing and Project Management she manages the office, scheduling and customer communication.
STEEL, ALUMINIUM, STAINLESS STEEL
Professional Certified Welding
- Steel work certified to NZS/AS 2980
- Aluminium work certified to NZS/AS 1665 on request
- Stainless steel work certified to ASME IX on request
- Fully Insured
- Site Safe registered
- Fully equipped, powered, mobile workshop
- Clean powered generator
- Can run MMA and TIG away from fixed power sources
- Covering all of Greater Auckland
- Can provide Task Analysis and Risk Assessments to meet Health & Safety requirements
- Large, fully equipped workshop in Silverdale
- Quality workmanship and materials
- We can work with engineering drawings or work with you to create fabrication designs from scratch in accordance with your budget and requirements